<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3820150403037023894?origin\x3dhttp://itsmicahgrace.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Micah Grace.
#womanofaith
Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 4:53 AM
So like (lol), I just finished reading the first chapter of
Ruth using my [MSG] version of the Bible! Ahhhhhhh
#sigh #tear is all I can say..

Ruth 1:16-17
"Wherever you go, I go. Where you live, I live..." Daaaaaaamn gurl. Ruth = a woman of faith. a woman of commitment and sacrifice.. and a true woman of God. Long story short, Ruth was the daughter in law of Naomi.. and Naomi, decides to move back to Judah from Moab, due to the death of her husband AND two sons (das insane). And like, Orpah was also a daughter in law of Naomi, BUT, she decides to go back to Moab.. whilst Ruth, a woman of sacrifice and commitment, decides to stick by her mother in-law.

It absolutely amazes me that Ruth decides to just LET GO of everything.. her home, family AND even the possibility of having her own family + a new husband.. she let go of all that, just to be with her mother in-law. I guess, to me.. it meant the world to read this, right at this very moment.. right, at this very circumstance and situation at hand. Ruth was a woman that knew how to stay committed, that knew the pain in sacrifice and a woman that focused on God. In what's going on right now in my life, I currently
look up to/envy Ruth's attitude and faith. She had the ability to let go of things EVEN if it might've hurt, but at the same time.. she did so, knowing that God had something better for her. She had the ability to commit to something, not even thinking about the reward in stored for her.. but above else, she completely focused on God, even if she was unsure of what was ahead of her and her life in Judah.

Aaaaaa-mazed. :))))) Made my day.

« PREVIOUS NEXT »