<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3820150403037023894?origin\x3dhttp://itsmicahgrace.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



Micah Grace.
#leadershipcamp2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011, 6:01 AM
(via: http://www.tumblr.com)

It's exactly 1:11 AM, (make that 1:12 AM) and I'm wide awake. You know why? It's because of the heavy dose of feelings and thoughts filling my mind, in which I can't seem to push away.. HAHHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHA Just kidding :) It's cause I just finished eating homemade icecream (fresh from the truck). Anyway, it's been a while since I've actually 'posted' a long post.. So, nows the time :) I'll be honest, I'm the type of person who has like a gazillion things on their mind, but just can't seem to find the words to match those things. Not only the words, but also the energy to actually write/type it down. well.. not the energy. I guess, words are just words. And words itself, can't always express feelings/thoughts/dreams/visions. AAAAANNNNYYYYWAAAAAAAYYY

I've decided to sum up all the things I've learnt/experienced from the YD Leadership Camp, 2011. Honestly, there's a few.
1. To be a woman of Zeal (from my SOAP on the Saturday morning) → (Acts 20:22-24) Despite Paul knowing the tribulation and imprisonment ahead of himself, he still longed to fulfil the will of God. He didn't allow himself to get distracted by things that didn't completely matter, but in instead, he focused and fixed his eyes upon God and His plans. Paul didn't let anything or anyone distract him from completing the set-task God put before him. He didn't swerve left or right, but completely moved forward, towards his purpose in life, given willingly by his God. Paul, didn't get distracted.

2. To LET GO → Paul was a man of zeal. And through that, I'm learning to be a woman of zeal. In order to allow myself to not be distracted, I need to learn to let go of the things that are bringing me down. To let go of the things that are distracting me. and to let go of the things that are pulling me away from God's wants in my life.. as a daughter, as (maybe even) a leader and really, as a human being. I've learnt and am still learning to let go of certain habits, things and maybe even, certain feelings and a certain person. I walked into the doors of the campsite, feeling distracted and burdened by certain things of this world.. I walked out, determined to overcome and let go of those certain things.

3. To have a 'Can Do' spirit → (PHILIPPIANS!) I've read Philippians as a whole before, but whilst reading it @ camp, I was set in the 'WOWOWOWOW' factor. In order to serve.. In order to minister.. In order to have integrity + character.. I need to have that "I can do" spirit. And that in everything I do or say, it may be completely done in and through the strength of God.

Okay, so like. Extendedededed version = In my journal! That wasn't as long actually..
Like I said, words just can't comprehend everything. [:

« PREVIOUS NEXT »